Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Am I Now a Cyborg?

I got an email today from Fitbit that read:

Congratulations, FitDitz!

As the result of your involvement within the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Keeping Pace.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!


The Fitbit Community Team

Also, on my dashboard I got a new badge for "Trainer" which indicated that I burned 173 Activity Calories (definition unknown).  I think this has to do with signing up for a free week of "premium" so that I can get hooked on another badge, but I'm not sure.  

Does using Self-analytics turn us into cyborgs--creatures who are enhanced by computers?  To avoid turning into a cyborg do I resist "improving" my scores as much as possible?  Or embrace it?




No comments:

Post a Comment